Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Weekly Writing Prompt

Today's Prompt: You wake up one morning and find everyone in the house asleep. Not just the house, the whole world. You go online and find a blog post "Anyone else awake?". There are three comments.

     My vision was blurry as I blinked my eyes open. The sun shone through the curtains, blinding me like it always did. But unlike every day, something was wrong. The birds were missing. Every day I woke up to the sun in my face and birds chirping. It was silent. Apparently, I was the first one awake. What time was it anyway? I leaned over, but in only added to my confusion. The clock read 12:00. Everyone in the house was usually awake by 7:00. I finally got myself out of bed and wandered towards the stairs. As I passed my sister's room, I heard no snoring but when I looked in she was sound asleep. Strange. The same situation in my parent's room as well. I found my cats laying on the ground asleep as well. Suddenly it hit me, they were in some sort of comma. Panic stricken, I ran outside and began knocking on doors. Not a soul was awake. I think I had some sort of mental breakdown, but everything was such a blur that I don't really remember. I found myself crying on the floor of the kitchen. I wiped my eyes and ran back up to my room. I flicked the light switch as I entered, but the lights stayed dim. Of course, The power must be out. I sat down, flipped open my laptop, and began to search for anything. I didn't know what I was looking for, but I found something. It was a blog post titled, "Anyone else awake?". I clicked on it. There were three comments.

So, I love this prompt so much that I am going to turn it into a story with chapters and all. Also, I will be adding some art soon, since I don't really have any yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment