Thursday, February 2, 2017

Awake

AN: I might not have a lot of time to write this and I know no one reads this blog anyway, but I am going to write this anyway.
______________________________________________

Prologue


The ropes cut into my arms as I struggled. I had to get free. 
"It's no use Kyri. Just give up already" a voice said from across the room. Cres. As doubtful as always.
"Can you stop being so negative," I snapped. I pushed forward trying to loosen the ropes which bound me to the column, but it only reasulted in leaving bright red marks on my skin. "If I don't try, I'm dead."
Suddenly, the large metal door began to open. The Gaurds that had tied me up earlier entered with what looked like some sort of chains. And behind them was the girl who had left us all to die. I gritted my teeth and glared.
"Traitor!" I screamed at her. I tried to kick her even though I was restrainted.
"I am not a traitor if I was never with you in the first place." she said calmly.
She motioned for the gaurds to untie us. This was my chance. As soon as the ropes were untied I slipped away and ran. I didn't get more than a foot before the Guard grabbed me by the wrirst and yancked me back. He snapped a gold collar around my neck, and secured it with a fingerprint lock. I was doomed. 
Nova. My dear sister, asleep. And now it seemed she would be forever. She could never die. And without me she would never wake. The guard attatched a chain to my collar and led me out of the room. I walked slowely, trying to think of a way out. The Guard pulled on the chain, causing me to stumble forward and walk faster.
We passed another group of Gaurds, who were placing bodies into capsules and loading them onto the ship. We would probably never see them again. I winced at the thought. And thats when I saw her.
"Nova!" I screamed, teares streaming down my face. "Nova! Please wake up! No!"
The guared pulled hard on the chain again, and I watched as they loaded my sister onto the ship. I would never see her again.
Soon we reached the white, pearly room. I spat on the floor, just to make them a little annoyed. I defenitely got some death stares. The Gaurd who had been leading me fed the chain into the pole, like earlier.
"Where should we start?" said a Guard who was holding a vial of green serum.
"Let's see," said the Sci, our leader. I glared at him. "Kyrim Reeves, of Shoquer."
I wailed. Why me?
The floor on either side of the bridge we were on opened up to reveal water. I laughed. How could water possibly hurt me. I couldn't reach it anyway, not on this chain. And if they let me go I would just run. The  Gaurd with the serum aprouched me. I winced as he injected it into my arm, which was raw from the ropes. 
Suddenly, I saw Nova, standing across the room of water, awake and alive. I smiled. The Gaured released me from my restraints. She motioned for me to come to her. I saw a line of people three people behind me. They were yelling at me, but I couldn't hear them. Maybe they were trying to hurt Nova. I looked back at her. She smiled. And I took a step into the water, and began walking twoard her, down a slope.
_____________________________________________
AN: The prologue is not how the story begins, it is actually how it ends. So don't worry, Kyri isn't dead (yet). The other chapters will be longer, but since this is the prologue, I didn't want it to be too long. Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment