Thursday, January 25, 2018

Weekly Writing Prompt

Today's Prompt: Someone from an alternate universe rings your doorbell. They tell you that you are their favorite book character and that they want to change how your story ends.


For all the crazy things I've imagined in my life, this was probably the craziest thing my mind had come up with. The girl who stood in front of me was small, with bright ginger hair and blue eyes that sparkled with excitement. She was just an ordinary girl. But that wasn't the strange part.

It had been early that morning when there was a knock on the door. I had just barely finished getting dressed when it happened. I didn't answer it at first, expecting one of the servants to get it. But when it came again I knew I was going to have to get it myself. I pulled up my skirts enough that I could get down the stairs as quickly as possible. Apon finally reaching the door I hesitated. I didn't know who was out there. But then I heard a whisper from the other side.

"Miss Alexandra Day...please open the door..."

So I did.

The girl standing on the other side was just an ordinary girl. With an un-ordinary message.

She told me one of the strangest things I had ever heard. She told me that I was her favorite book character and that she wanted to change my ending. That worried me.

"Who are you?' I asked narrowing my eyes.

"Alizia Dean." She explained, still quite hyper. "And we need to get moving before it happens."

This all seemed too real to be something my mind had come up with. Too terrifying.

"Come on!" She yelled grabbing my wrist and pulling me out the door. "Do you want to die?"

I stumbled out the door, not sure what to think. And I was glad I did because not even a second later did the old grey cat knock over a candle, right where I would have been standing. As the floor burst out in flames, I ran. This was no joke. This was real.


No comments:

Post a Comment