Friday, March 31, 2017

Weekly Writing Prompt

Today's Prompt: Your character throws a coin in the fountain.


I walk along the street, my long messy red hair covering my face, my blue eyes turned to the ground. I find a park bench and sit down to relax. I watch the people around me going on with their day. I do this every day, and often see some of the same people. Although I see someone new today. A girl about my age with brown hair and green eyes. She sits on the edge of a fountain fumbling with the silver coin in her hand. I watch her intently waiting to see what she was going to do. She sits there for a while longer before flipping the coin into the air. I watch as it lands, cutting through the water with a splash. I watch as she gets up and walks away, and I feel drawn to the fountain. It seems to call my name. I walk over and sit down, searching through my pocket for some sort of coin. I come up with the same coin that I saw the other girl holding. I drop it in and it hits the water and sinks slowly. I get up and walk away. And I swear it glitters when I turn and look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment