Saturday, April 1, 2017

Weekly Writing Prompt

Today's Prompt: You can perform spells. But only for one day.

I stare at the shattered vase on the ground. I slowly look up, my hands shaking. That did not just happen. I just didn't. It was impossible. But it happened.

"Gin." a shaky voice says from across the room. I turn to meet the eyes of my only friend.

"Gemma," I say slowly walking towards her. "Gemma please, I don't know what happened."

"You know full well what happened," Gemma says standing. "You were chosen at the ceremony. You can't avoid your destiny."

"Gemma I can't go back. I don't want this." I choke back a sob. Gemma runs over and wraps her arms around me.

"But if you go back, your powers will last more than a day," Gemma whispers. "You will go to the ritual and get your full powers."

"I don't want them Gem. I want what I have. Not all this magic. I hate magic, and you know that." I tell her.

"Someone will find out Gin, you can't hide this forever," Gemma says. I know it's the truth. I just don't want to admit it.

"Then I'm leaving," I say. I know she is going to argue with me, but nothing she says will change my mind.

"No. You are not leaving," she says. I sigh. "We are leaving." My eyes go wide. Gemma wouldn't even dare to think of something like that. I start to protest but remember this is her choice.

"Are you sure?" Gemma nods. "Meet me here in five minutes.."

We both turn to leave. I'm glad Gemma is coming with me. I'd be lonely without her.

I don't think I will ever get used to magic. But if we leave, I never will. Gemma thinks having magic is a gift. But she doesn't understand. I see it as a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment