Thursday, September 21, 2017

Weekly Writing Prompt

Today's Prompt: The pen wasn't worth stealing.

The cell is cold and hard, made out of polished marble. Water drips down around me, the only sound in the whole jail. It's dark and the hard bench makes it hard to sleep. And I've heard there's worse.

This is all because of Mai. She told me to capture the Pen. We ended up in the Pen.

I stare at the wall, counting the drops of water that fall. 29, 30, 31.

Suddenly, I hear the door at the far end of the room open, and lights flood the room. I hear the sound of boots walking against the perfectly clean room. I glance through the electric bars of my cell. Two Guards walk into the room, followed by that stupid girl.

"Hello there Rebels." She says smiling one of her stupid smiles. "My name is Thane. Maris Thane. To day you will be tested to see if you are innocent or not."

I spit on the ground in front of her.

"Unfortunately," she continues glancing my way. "You are going to have to wear these." She holds up a black metal collar.

"They aren't the most comfortable things, and they don't exactly come off either." She says, almost sypethetically. And then I notice she is wearing one too.

Thane goes around snapping the collars around our necks. When she gets to me she snaps it on tightly and whispers to me.

"Good luck Skydart." Thane winks at me and moves on.


No comments:

Post a Comment